Saturday, December 19, 2009

My Face On A Stick

I usually devote this blog to my LOST collection of memorabilia and merchandise.
This will be the exception. A big part of my life for the past four months has been participating in the LOST Underground Art Project. I was able to acquire 15 of the 16 screen prints. Following the release of print #15, an announcement was made that the final print would be released at Gallery 1988 in Los Angeles. You can read about it here:
DamonCarltonandaPolarBear.com

A fellow member of a forum devoted to the DamonCarltonandaPolarBear Project came up with the idea of presenting a poster of those purchasing the posters to TPTB at the gallery opening. He has posted a wonderful article about how the LostArgs.com poster came to fruition.
TheLostArgs.com Poster

So step one, I submitted a picture to Thorsten Wulff, the gentleman responsible for assembling the images:
Photobucket
Then for fun, I submitted a second image. I have accumulated so many poster tubes, I decided I should put them to a good use:
Photobucket

Step three was out of my hands. Talented people were at work. The final result would be delivered at the gallery by another forum member known as maven.
Photobucket

Preparations for the LOST art exhibit were in full swing and I was becoming more and more heartbroken that I would be unable to attend due to a recent injury. In frustration I made a request that someone should staple my photo to a stick and bring me along for the festivities. A friend on the forum known as Lottery Ticket asked me to email a photo to her and she would make it happen.

I eagerly followed tweets, ustreams, blog posts as the event unfolded. and then I noticed several tweets containing my name. I was waiting in line at the gallery?!
first with maven:
Photobucket

and then with mistershow and comixguru:
Photobucket

*EDIT* I just discovered the my face-on-a-stick made it inside Gallery 1988! I received a Facebook notification that I was tagged in a photo. Here is Lottery Ticket multi-tasking: filming for a ustream of the action while holding my face on a stick up nice and high so I could get a good view. The irony is that the face got a better view that I ever would have in person.
Photobucket

I even got to attend an "after party" at a place called Village Idiots , and was told that I had a wonderful time!
Photobucket

A similar photo taken at the after party was also posted at LostArgs.com

CNN covered the LOST art exhibit:


...and the "homeless people" referred to in the video became a collage at LostArgs.com
Photobucket
Face-on-a-Stick was included.

It was a wonderful gesture of friendship from my forum friends. I can't thank them enough for thinking of me and allowing me to live a little vicariously through "My Face on a Stick".
Special gratitude goes to Lottery Ticket. That is truly one of the most amazing things anyone has ever done for me. You have no idea how much it means. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment