Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Word (or 125) About Autographs

I have many autographed pieces of LOST memorabilia. The ones I will be sharing on this blog are authentic. I learned an expensive lesson early on in adding to my collection: there are a massive amount of forgeries and disreputable dealers preying on naive and uneducated buyers. And I made some purchases of questionable authenticity. Those items have been retained, but only as a reminder of "Buyer Beware", and "You get what you pay for"...They are stored in a box decorated with a skull and crossbones.

The majority of my collection has been purchased from registered UACC members who maintain storefronts. I only purchase from individuals who offer photographic proof of signing. The Inkworks series of trading cards was another great source of LOST autographs. They are guaranteed to be authentic.

I collect both individual autographs of the cast members of LOST, and multi-signature items from promotional events. The crown jewel of my collection is a cast-signed Season 5 poster from the StandUp2Cancer fundraiser that was offered by LiveAutographs.com. A numbered 'Limited Edition Certificate of Authenticity' accompanied it. The poster features the signatures of most of the Season 5 actors pictured.
Seaon 5 Autographed 1 Season 5 Autograhed 2
The signatures include (l-r) Michael Emerson (below), Evangeline Lilly (above), Matthew Fox (below), Yunjin Kim (above), Jorge Garcia (above), Henry Ian Cusick (below), Terry O'Quinn (below), Josh Holloway (above), Elizabeth Mitchell (above), Ken Leung (below). Daniel Dae Kim signed across the word "Destiny" followed by a question mark. (He is not pictured on the poster - we did not know that Jin had survived the freighter explosion at the time the poster was revealed.)

2 comments:

  1. Great collection! I too am a collector, and I have one of these signed posters which I purchased from liveautographs. It is the crown jewel of my collection.
    I have a question for you... Do you know if the official season two posters (black, "everything happens for a reason") Were ever distributed or produced in numbers? I looked for years and never found one. Thanks for any info and congrats on the sweet collection!
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a full-sized (24" x 36") Season 2 poster that ordered from abc.com at the beginning of Season 2. I don't think they were available for very long. They were removed from the site when I tried to order a 2nd poster about a week later. I received the post card version at Comic Con as well: http://amazingexgirlfriend.blogspot.com/2009/10/lost-postcards-season-two.html

    I also ordered an 11" x 17" version from a movie poster reprint site.

    ReplyDelete