Friday, July 12, 2013

Fun With LOST Megos: Jack's Tats

I have been trying to figure out a way
to add Jack's tattoos to my Mego Jack figure.
The first 5 or six attempts were giant failures.
But I am a persistent little something-something
and did not give up.

And I found solution!


I used waterslide decal paper on a laser-jet printer.
I let ink dry really well.
Then I sprayed over printing with three very
thin layers of clear coat, allowing about 30 minutes
drying time between coats. (You might be able to get away
with shorter time, but I like to err on the side of caution.)
I cut out the image, as close to printing as possible.
The "waterslide" part comes in when you drop the decal in
cup/pan/glass of water. The backing slides off after just under
a minute. You are left with a very thin decal to place
on the arm.  You have to position and smooth and let it dry.
It stays on unless you really pick at it. 
I printed up an entire page of the tats, so I can replace as needed. 

I am really happy/satisfied/proud of result.
I think tattoo makes Mego Jack even more awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment