Saturday, August 20, 2011

Friday at Comic-Con: Part 2 - The "Totally LOST" Panel

The thing is - I had plans to attend SDCC 2011
waaaaaaay before the EW "Totally LOST"
panel was announced.

I knew that many of the LOST alums
would be at Comic-Con, promoting their new
shows and that, along with spending time
with my friends at The Barracks, was incentive enough.

I have long been a fan of Jeff "Doc" Jensen's
EW LOST columns, printing them out 
and adding them to a binder weekly.
His theories throughout the years never ceased to entertain me.
(I'm still lobbying for a compilation book of  Jeff Jensen's
LOST columns to be published.)


I was surprised and THRILLED when the
"Totally LOST - One Year Later" panel
was announced on the Comic-Con schedule:

Friday, July 22

3:30-4:30 Entertainment Weekly Presents...Totally LOST: One Year Later— EW'sLost gurus Jeff "Doc" Jensen and Dan "Dan" Snierson wax nostalgic about the past, perhaps with a surprise guest or two, and discuss how they're "moving on" in the wake of Lost's departure from the air a year ago. The duo will look to the future by previewing promising TV obsessions. Room 5AB 

I hoped beyond hope that the surprise guests mentioned
would include Darlton or maybe some of the cast.

The venue was small, MUCH smaller than LOST panels
of previous years, so I arrived early - just after the 
Jon Favreau/Drew Struzen signing to secure a seat.
I sat through about 3 panels, moving up closer to the dais
after each, finally parking it in the FRONT ROW, along
with some of my friends/housemates from The Barracks.
(photo courtesy Bonnie Green)
That's me, turned away from the camera with the neon blonde hair.
The rest of the the gang was seated 2 rows backs,
across the aisle.
(photo courtesy Bonnie Green)

Jeff Jensen and Dan Snierson were introduced
to much applause and anticipation.
Note: They are both very handsome!
...more so than I realized from watching
the Totally LOST videos on EW.com
Dan Snierson has beautiful eyes.
(It's my blog so I get to editorialize)

Countless videos, photos and blog posts
have appeared about the panel before
I had time to publish this post, so I'll be brief
and link you to some of the highlights.

Just know that I had a unique perspective,
inches away from Carlton Cuse.

back of my neon-blonde head

Below is JJ Harrison's video from his LOST in Comics site.

(photo courtesy Ian Knight)

(photo courtesy Ian Knight)

(photo courtesy Ian Knight)

The "Marble Rye" clip

(photo courtesy Ian Knight)

Another JJ Harrison video from the panel:

I had preordered the print and it was waiting for me 
upon my return home from San Diego.

Yes, Michael Giacchino was also in the audience.
(photo courtesy of CaliPH)

No, I didn't get to meet him or have my 
picture taken with him.
But some of my friends did....
(photo courtesy Bonnie Green)

(photo courtesy @LOST_4815162342)

(photo courtesy Scoutpost)

The afternoon was AMAZING!
 It speaks so much to both Damon Lindelof's
and Carlton Cuse's appreciation of
the LOST fandom that the "Marble Rye"
video was made and they went to so much
effort to make the panel unforgettable.
I guess it can all be summed up in
one word:
BARRY!

My friend, Barracks housemate, and
fellow LOST collector Rob Perrin
published a fantastic post about the panel.

Also check out JJ Harrison's site.
He has an incredible behind-the-scenes story
and photos with Damon and Calrton
and the Star Wars crossover at the panel.

Zort70 posted about the Comic-Con experience
and the LOST panel. Special thanks to
him for letting me use his photos on this
post - it is well known that I am
world's worst photographer.
http://www.lostargs.com/2011/08/lost-comic-con-experience-part-2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment